27 Nov 0
Most people choose off the shelf metal products for their projects which are great for generic purposes but if you’re looking for a specific design of metal then you can get help from a skilled metal fabricator. If you have a complicated project that needs several different metals and/or shapes, the custom metal fabrication is the way to go.
What is metal fabrication?
It’s the process of making components and structures from raw metal materials. The procedure usually involves a number of processes such as welding, cutting, forming, machining, and assembly to create the final product.
Metal can be fabricated for a wide variety of needs from heavy equipment and machinery to hand tools, cutlery and architectural structures. Let’s take a look at the many benefits of custom metal fabrication.
- More advanced methods – Custom metal fabrication means the metal is handled and created using advanced methods. Experienced metal fabricators have an array of tools and special machinery at their disposal which means that you get the metal you want in the way that you want it for your project. Normal fabrications utilise traditional processes such as metal welding whereas advanced methods include water jet cutting which utilises high precision tools.
- Get exactly what you want – Buying off the shelf means you may not get exactly what you want and this could spoil your project. The obvious benefit of using a metal fabricator is that they can fabricate unique metal parts to meet your exact needs. You can also discuss your requirements to see what else you may need. You can also choose the part you want and make a decision on the metal it’s to be made from.
- Can cost less – If you go to a metal fabrication shop there’s every chance that your custom parts are more cost-effective. Often metal fabricators have good working relationships with metal providers and are able to put in orders for small quantities or sizes. This, in turn, means they may be able to do a good deal for you.
- Skilled workers – Since metal fabrication is a skilled industry you can rest assured that the fabricators creating your part/s are highly skilled individuals. They will have years of experience and will be able to assist further with your project should you need it. If you’re not sure of the type of metal to use, or the size, your metal fabricator will be able to help.
- Quality equipment – In addition to using advanced methods, a metal fabricator will have quality modern equipment. This ensures better quality, value, and in some cases a faster turnaround. Low investment metal shops can’t always produce a part of such high quality because of the price of the equipment. Whereas a custom metal fabrication shop specialises in custom work and will have all the necessary equipment to create quality metal components or structures for your project.
Why should you choose custom metal fabrication?
When it comes to getting the right parts for your project, custom metal fabrication can save your business time and money. Furthermore, if you’re not sure what your project needs, a specialised custom metal fabricator can help, giving you the right information to enable you to benefit from something unique and bespoke.
Contact Metro Steel today if you need customised metal parts for your project. We can make practically anything from metal.