21 Aug 0
As a homeowner, it’s only natural that you would want to do whatever it takes to keep your family and home contents safe while simultaneously adding value to your property. Steel fencing has grown hugely in popularity over recent years and this is because of the many benefits it provides.
If you’re having difficulty envisaging steel fencing around your property, we’ve put together 5 compelling reasons to install it.
- Durability – Timber fences may look rustic and charming but unless they’re treated, they can become infested with termites or develop wood rot and before you know it, you’re having to replace it. Steel, on the other hand, is built to last and won’t rot or fall prey termites. We can even provide galvanised steel fencing that can withstand the harsh Australian climate. Not only does steel resist cracking, peeling, and chipping, but because it’s 100% recyclable, it’s better for the environment.
- Steel is cost-effective – Another reason to purchase a steel fence is that it offers great value for money. While initially, it may cost more than a timber fence, it will last for years and maintenance is minimal. Should there be a need for repair, usually any damage is minor and far less costly than repairing a timber fence.
- Easy maintenance – If you’re looking for an easy fencing solution that doesn’t require regular staining and protective coats, then steel is an ideal choice. It’s recommended to paint a steel fence with metal pain once it’s installed to protect it from rust and corrosion caused by rain showers, but that’s it. There’s no monthly maintenance and because of its anti-corrosion properties, steel fencing looks good for years to come,
- Increased security – It goes without saying that you want to feel safe in your home and having a perimeter fencing made from steel will deter any criminal or burglar intent on getting onto your property. Without regular maintenance, wood fencing can start to wear and it could develop a soft spot that a criminal might break through. Steel, on the contrary, doesn’t deteriorate and a burglar would have a difficult time trying to cut through the metal to access your property.
- Aesthetics – The last compelling reason to invest in steel fencing is aesthetics. Steel fencing can be customised to match the style of your property. It can be cut to whatever height you need and stylish gates and driveway doors in a range of colours can be added. These additions are sure to complement your home and elevate its kerb appeal. Metal fencing also provides a sleek contemporary look which is sure to raise the value of your home while making it look more attractive
If you’re interested in installing steel fencing around your perimeter, get in touch with Metro Steel. We can provide all your steel fencing needs.