As a homeowner it’s only natural that you would want to add value to your home, protect both the property and its contents, in order to live in a safe environment. Steel fencing is a popular choice for many people nowadays but possibly you’re struggling to see what benefits residential fencing can give you.
For whatever reason you’re still undecided about installing steel fencing, knowing more about the advantages it has to offer could help you to make up your mind.
The benefits of residential steel fencing
- Durability – One of the most common reasons for installing steel fencing is its undeniable durability. While wood is strong it can rot or become infested with termites which undermine its structure. Steel fencing, on the other hand is built to last and won’t rust, warp, or be attacked by termites. Galvanised steel can also withstand the harsh Australian climate and is resistant to peeling, cracking and chipping. Because it’s 100 hundred percent recyclable it’s also better for the environment.
- Increased security – Naturally you want your loved ones to feel safe when they’re at home indoors and a steel fence will deter criminals from breaking into and entering your property. Without regular maintenance wood fencing can start to wear and may develop a weakened area that criminals could break through.
- Aesthetics – Steel is also a popular choice for those concerned with aesthetics. Steel can be cut to suit your height and privacy requirements and can be combined with stylish gates and garage doors in a wide range of fashionable colours to complement your property. With its crisp, sleek lines and attractive appearance it’s sure to add value to your property.
- Easy to maintain – Once your steel fencing has been installed it’s easy to maintain and can be protected further with a powder paint coating to prevent rust. All that’s necessary is a wipe down from time to time to remove any dust, dirt, or debris.
- Cost effective – Finally, steel is a cost-effective fencing solution because of its longevity and little maintenance necessary. If there is an issue, then a repair is usually minimal and less costly than repairing a wood fence.
Easy to maintain with a pleasing, modern look, steel fencing has become a firm favourite with many householders. In addition, it will outlast other forms of fencing and save you money in the long run. If you’re ready to install steel fencing, then why not come and visit Metro Steel? We’ve been in the industry for decades and can fabricate steel fences to suit your needs and budget. Call us today on 07 3204 1000 if you need any further information.