No matter whether you need a steel fabricator in Perth or Brisbane, a person still needs to consider the same factors. It can be tricky finding the right contractor or provider for your project needs, and steel is no different, with its specifics to consider. With this in mind, we’re going to share 5 tips that will help you choose the right steel fabricator for your next big project.
5 Tips to Help You Choose the Best Steel Fabricator for Your Needs
- Capabilities – The first point to consider is whether or not the steel fabricator you have in mind has experience with your type of project. Many steel fabrication companies specialise in certain areas. For instance, if you’re looking for architectural steel fabrication, there’s little point in choosing a steel fabricator that specialises in auto parts. All fabricating processes have different requirements, which means before you choose a steel fabricator, you need to ensure they can handle the type, gauge, and grade of steel you need for your project. In addition, you need to be sure your chosen fabricator can handle the project in its entirely and in-house without the need to sub-contract. Not only does this help ensure top quality, but it can also save on time and cost. It’s important to establish from the outset that the steel fabricator you choose has the necessary equipment, skilled staff, materials, and capacity required to complete the project on time and in budget.
- Experience – When it comes to structural steel fabricators and metal fabrication, practical hands-on experience is essential. Look for a company who breaks a complex project down into detailed costs; engineers that can expertly translate drawings into viable projects; dedicated tradesmen who are skilled in their particular field; and project-managers with worldly experience which can make a large difference in the outcome of your project.
- Quality – Find out what certifications the steel fabrication company has and talk to them about how they ensure quality and pass inspection on each project. There’s no room for cutting corners in this industry.
- Methodology – At Metro Steel our focus is on supporting our clients and managing their projects. We have a talented team with the skills to manage and track industrial metalwork projects and architectural metal fabrication.
- Customer service – Ultimately, good customer service is essential for the success of every metal fabrication project. Look for a company whose principles include vision, craftsmanship, hard work and great customer service.
When you come to choose a steel fabricator, remember that not all metal fabrication companies are created equal, so do your research carefully. Metro Steel has spent years improving every element of our business to deliver superior products and good value to our customers.
The majority of our work is for builders working on domestic and commercial projects, but basically, we can make pretty much anything out of steel.
Why not give our experts a call on 07 3204 1000 to discuss how we can help with your project.